The drug is indicated for the therapy of:
- Early stages of invasive breast cancer whose cells have hormone receptors, in postmenopausal women, as adjuvant therapy.
- Early-stage invasive breast cancer in postmenopausal women after completion of standard adjuvant therapy with tamoxifen for 5 years as extended adjuvant therapy.
- Common hormone-dependent forms of breast cancer in postmenopausal women (first-line therapy).
- Disseminated forms of breast cancer with recurrence or disease progression in postmenopausal women (natural or induced) who have received prior anti-estrogen therapy.
- Hormone-dependent HER-2 negative breast cancer in postmenopausal women as neoadjuvant therapy in case of contraindications to chemotherapy and no need for emergency surgery.
- Hypersensitivity to letrozole or any other component of the drug.
- Endocrine status characteristic of the reproductive period.
- Pregnancy, lactation period.
- Age under 18 years.